Welcome to another week of ‘Katdid Konversations’
I am your host, Kitty Mojito
Today we are talking with handsome Brit, Salem who will be turning 2 next month!
KM: Thanks for joining me, Salem! Let’s start by how you came to find your human?
S: My meowmy went to a rescue to see kitty cats and I was so flat and squished into my bed, she didn’t even see me! I’m super glad the worker pointed me out to her because I love my meowmy and she loves me
KM: Describe a day in your life.
S: Ok here goes……
1. Wake meowmy up by twanging her bobbles on the door handle.
2. Meow and purr in her face uncontrollably.
3. Wait for meowmy to get ready and I follow her downstairs
4. Meowmy puts my collar on and puts my breakfast out and opens the back door.
5. I skip breakfast and go outside to hunt and play.
6. I come back home just after midday to eat my breakfast. I have a nap on meowmy’s knee and then I follow her to and from the shop.
7. I get home with meowmy and have another sleep.
8. I then go back out again and don’t come home until 8pm!
9. Meowmy shouts me in and I have my tea followed by a grooming session.
10. Next, I have a crazy hour! I run around and play with things I shouldn’t, like pens and important pieces of paper.
11. Around 10 or 11pm, I go upstairs and get into bed with meowmy. I curl up next to her belly. But in the middle of the night, I get too hot and I move and lay on her feet.
KM: Wow, your days are just full of fun and excitement! Salem, when your human returns home from a very long day of running errands, how do you greet her?
S: I would be sitting in the rabbit’s cage with the rabbit waiting for her. I let out a little purr/chirp and rub against her legs. Or I’m just out having fun, no where to be seen.
KM: What kind of food do you like?
S: CHICKEN!! Its my favourite. But I’d eat anything… including bugs and rabbit poo.
KM: Rabbit poo??? Oh dear! I bet your meowmy is not too happy about that! What is your favourite toy?
S: My tunnel! Or a bird if I manage to catch one!
KM: How would you describe your sense of style?
S: Naturally, purrfectly handsome
KM: What are your thoughts on dogs and other animals?
S: I love my bunny friend. He is called Bugsy. We sleep together sometimes. Sometimes I chase him and sometimes he chases me. I like other kitty cats too! I want to be friends but some of them hiss and hit me and I run away! I hate dogs!!! I make them scared of me grrr!
KM: If you could make one wish, what would it be?
S: I would wish that my meowmy never had to brush my long, fluffy fur
KM: So Salem, you do a lot of fun stuff so I am thinking that you must have many special skills! Tell me about them.
S: I am very floppy. If I get picked up, I flop.
KM: Oh that is so cute! What is most important to you now?
S: Having fun!!! Because fun is fun!
KM: How do you feel about cats in politics? Do you think we need fair representation in office?
S: I am too young! I’m only 2… I don’t know lol meow
KM: Instagram is a great place to make friends. What do you like/don’t like about social media?
S: I LOVE the IG cat community. They helped my meowmy pay for some expensive medical treatment for me. I also love sending and receiving gifts and letters from my furr friends all over the world.
KM: Do you have a special someone in your life?
S: My special someone would be my meowmy! She rescued me and gave me a second chance in life so I’m furrrever grateful
KM: What is your dream date?
S: Eat and sleep
KM: Oh Salem, you are too funny! So what would you like to accomplish in the near future?
S: I want to spread the word on how black cats aren’t bad luck or cursed. We are amazing kitties with so much love.
KM: Most definitely! All kitties deserve to be safe, happy and loved! Do you have anything else you would like to say?
S: Purrlease give me a follow! I love new furrriends!
Thanks for the chat Salem!! You are pawsome!
If you would like to follow Salem’s adventures, please check out his profile on Instagram @salemthefluffs